Saturday, October 04, 2014

Tour of duty

I just finished another stint of jury duty. Supposedly the entire selection process is completely random, but when your name comes up three times in ten years you have to wonder, especially when many of your fellow jurors had similar stories. I know people that have lived here their whole lives without ever being called. The only good news is that here in my county jury duty is two weeks while in most of Kentucky it is a month. In one county I believe it's actually six months. Well, I can stop worrying about it for a while, by law they can't hook me again for at least two years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm eligible again. I can't remember how long it is here in Jefferson County, but I remember a lot of sitting around and reading Larry Correia books.

Wilson said...

Yeah you can get a lot of reading done. I had two trials and still spent almost a week sitting there reading.