Monday, October 01, 2012

Gone shooting - Fall already

I went to the range this morning, got there right when they opened and about five minutes behind the rain. I didn't let it stop me though. This is the first time I've gone shooting in over three months and I really needed the trigger time. I had planned to go shooting at least once every month this summer but of course plans don't always work out.

The main reason I went today was to get some range time with my Colt Government Model. I haven't carried it all summer and I needed the practice. I also went to try out some new self-defense ammunition I bought. It's Hornady "Critical Defense" ammo and wanted to make sure it would function in the old Colt before I began carrying it.

Function was flawless. Even though I only put three boxes through it today I've shot so many other hollowpoints through this gun I feel confident that the Hornady will work out just fine.

Despite the rain I had a good time at the range today. Hopefully it won't be another three months before I go again.

No comments: