Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pocket gun update

It's been about six weeks since I started carrying my Smith & Wesson 342PD. I have used the gun everyday and I have been quite happy with it so far. It has been a hot, humid summer and this small and lightweight revolver has really been appreciated. I have many holsters that will fit this but I have been only using it as a pocket gun to date. My Kramer and DeSantis pocket holsters are what I have been using and I have been satisfied with both, although I do use the Kramer more often. While I like the DeSantis it is a little large for how I carry, which is usually in the front pocket of my jeans. The DeSantis is a great holster though, it will certainly never come out when you draw the gun, but I just like the Kramer more. The only modification that I am considering for the gun is a new set of grips. The factory rubber grips have a very tacky feeling and do tend to catch on clothes. I think a set of wood "boot" grips would make this great revolver even better and they will probably be added before long.

3 comments:

Z@X said...

The tackiness of the rubber grips does go away over time.

Wilson said...

Didn't know that, might wait and see... and save me some money.

Z@X said...

I should have added that it may take a year or more ;)