Monday, June 07, 2010

Random Gun Ramblings

Well, here we are thru the first week of June and I haven't posted a thing. Sometimes it's like that, I might post every day for a while and then all a sudden have nothing I want to post about for days or weeks...

I did have a few minor things to blog about so I thought to put them here all in one.

First, I spent a few hours last week trying to rearrange my gun safe. I have a smaller Browning model and after some effort on my part I finally came to the conclusion that I need to either A) buy a bigger safe, or B) sell some guns. I have absolutely no room for any more long guns that is definite. I have a rifle that I don't have the room for now, an Lee-Enfield Mk III that has been left out in the cold. With some effort I probably could squeeze a few more handguns in there but that would be it. Besides guns my safe also has other valuables (coins, cameras, knives etc.) and I have also put my semi-auto magazines in there too. I have the mags stacked in cheap plastic fishing lure boxes and I might have to take them back out, although I would prefer to keep them in there if I could, some of those mags are quite valuable. Something is going to have to give or this safe is going to pop...

I also read on several forums and blogs last week that wallyworld® was no longer limiting the amount of ammunition you could buy at one time. The limit used to be six boxes per customer. I went down to my local store a couple of days ago and yes the rumor is true. All that I can say to that is Hallelujah! Does this mean that the ammo shortage has officially ended? To be honest this rule never affected me very much as I usually bought 2-3 boxes of ammo at a time. I can only think of two occasions since this went into effect that I wanted to buy more than I could. But it is nice that it is no more… And yes I did buy some ammo (9X19) while I was there.

Have been carrying my S&W M342PD for a week now and I must say that I am very happy with this little lightweight revolver, should've got one sooner. This is a great little gun for the humid summer months. So far I have been carrying it in my Kramer pocket holster, the same one that I have owned since 1997 and have used with my Bodyguard all these years. This little J frame, holster and five rounds of hollowpoints don't feel any heavier than my wallet, maybe even lighter. Also, to try something new I purchased a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster but I haven't had time to really evaluate it yet...

And finally, I went to the surplus store and bought some more ammo cans in the .50 cal size in an attempt to organize all of my ammunition. I now have a total of 13 cans, most of which are filled to the top with various calibers. I'm not done yet though, I will need at least 2-4 more before this project is over...

No comments: