Saturday, March 20, 2010

wilsonblogclassic® Originally posted Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Since absolutely nothing was going on today and I had some free time I decided to clean my regular carry gun, my 1953 Colt Government .45. Normally I would just strip the gun down to the "field" level, give it a good wipe down and leave it at that. Today though I went ahead and gave it a detail strip as it has been a little while since I have done one on this gun. A gun that is carried on a daily basis will build up dirt and crud fast and a smart gun owner will stay on top of it before any potential problems can come up. I already know from personal experiments that this old warhorse will function quite well even when it is full of dirt, powder residue etc. but you can't take anything for granted. Your carry gun must be treated like your life depended on it, because it just might some day.

No comments: