Thursday, March 18, 2010

wilsonblogclassic® Originally posted Saturday, December 13, 2008

Time for another gratuitous gun photo!Is there any thing more beautiful than a well worn gun? A gun with a lot of wear is a well trusted, well loved gun. A well worn gun has character. This is one has that and in spades. This old Colt Government Model .45 was made in 1953 so it had just turned 50 when I purchased it in 2003. There was a lot of finish wear already so there wasn't much collector value left in it, purely a shooting piece. And that's what I had intended to do with this one, shoot it and shoot it a lot. But when I found out how accurate and completely reliable it was I made it my main carry gun and it has been ever since. Over the last five years there has been much more finish wear added, "beauty marks", and there will probably be more to come as I have no intentions of retiring this old warhorse yet. I might add some better sights but that's an indictment of my middle-aged eyes not of this classic .45 Automatic, which is just as fine a pistol now as it was when it left that factory in Connecticut 55 years ago...

No comments: